Meeting a childhood friend after a long time is the best thing in the world. These relations are so raw because they have seen and embraced our positive as well as negative qualities. They accept us for who we are, thus making childhood memorable! Moreover, research states that childhood friendship can impact the future.
But did you know meeting a childhood friend after a long time conversation can get really interested? Want to know why? Then read on.
How meeting a childhood friend after a long time conversation goes?
1. You start commenting on each other’s appearances
This is the generic term that every childhood friend comments when they meet after a long time. And the reasons or rather excuses start pouring in.
- “Oh my God! You have gained so much weight.”
- “How come you managed losing so much weight?”
- “Oh, you look so old now!”
- “Your belling has grown enormously. Is it the beer?”
Which is then followed by gym stories, diet tips, success stories, exercise mantras, and so on. It doesn’t end!
2. You start blaming each other for not staying in touch
The blame-game never ends and so the excuses.
- “I tried calling you so many times, but this mobile network sucks, man!”
- “Why it always has to be me to call first. Sometimes, you try calling first.”
- “I always call but you never answer.”
- “I was so engrossed in work that I couldn’t call back.”
And this list goes on. Do you relate to this situation ever when meeting a childhood friend after a long time?
3. You cherish embarrassing moments
This is the favorite past time of friends across the globe. But do you know expressing embarrassing moments can make people like you? It also strengthens relationships. Besides, they are a great way to enjoy a bout of laughter with friends.
- “Your snoring is still that loud?”
- “I still remember how you peed in your pants.”
- “She slapped you so hard, I just can’t get over.”
- “Remember, when you were drunk for the first time and what nonsense you were blabbering!”
4. You start gossiping and bitching about people who you hated the most
There are certain people we hate the most. And friends are the only ones with whom we can pour our hearts out. So, isn’t it obvious you tend to gossip and bitch about people after meeting a childhood friend after a long time? I hope everyone can relate to this.
- “Remember, how that girl ditched you in college. I always wished that she never gets a boyfriend.”
- “Did you know that our classmate XXXX eloped with that janitor guy.”
- “You know I professor wore a wig. I always prayed that he should trip and the wig should fall out.”
- “That boy who beat us up was rusticated from the school later.”
I know you might think these statements are so cruel. But believe me, we all go through this phase!
5. Discussion on some unsettled fights
No friendship is smooth. Some ignore it while some cannot handle the stress, leading to a breakup. But if you are true friends then nothing can come in the way of love. That’s why meeting a childhood friend after a long time is a great way to settle scores. Discuss and sort out differences. With this, there is no room left for grudges, accusations, misjudgments; but only true friendship.
- “Why were you so mean to me in school?”
- “Why you never offered me support while I was bullied in high school?”
- “I lend you some cash but you never returned.”
- “How could you fall in love with my girlfriend?”
6. You share hidden secrets
Now that you are grown up and mature, childhood friends finally share their unsaid secrets. It’s because they know they won’t be misunderstood or misjudged. Then it could be a fling, one-night stand, proposal, or secret outings! But your unraveling secrets make the bond even stronger than before!
- “Sorry, but I had taken your girlfriend out for a dinner without informing you.”
- “I still stalk that hot teacher of ours!”
- “I stole some cash from your pocket for a pint of beer.”
- “Your bestie and me; made love in your car.”
7. You make fun of each other in the presence of a third person
Yes, friends do this especially if there is a third entity present. Despite that, they also back each other by narrating heart-wrenching incidents that how they supported each other.
- “You know a bird had pooped in your Tiffin. And I never told you that!”
- “I beat you up because you teased me on my appearance.”
- “I know you will pee in your pants when laughing uncontrollably.”
- “You always fart after having a beer.”
8. You still remember each other’s choices
Despite meeting a childhood friend after a long time, you can never forget their likes and dislikes. Then be it food, accessories, or fashion.
- “I ordered pasta for myself. But a burger for you because I know you don’t like it.”
- “I bought a dress with florals because I know you love this design.”
- “Do you still wear that color? I always hated it!”
- “Do you still love that girl from first grade?”
9. You talk about how life was simple back then
Once caught in work and family, it gets impossible to catch up with friends. So, when meeting a childhood friend after a long time every person recalls those simple joys.
- “It was so easy to bunk classes back then.”
- “We had so much time for each other.”
- “It was so fun to woo girls on the campus.”
- “It was easy to survive on that minimal pocket money.”
10. And you make plans to meet again
And in the finale, you plan to meet again. Despite knowing that it will never materialize ever!
- “Let’s celebrate Christmas together next year.”
- “Next time, we will meet at the old, favorite café of ours.”
- “I might be coming to the US next year. We should catch up.”
- “Let’s discuss some business plans next time.”
On a parting note
Meeting a childhood friend after a long time is nostalgic as well as a joyride. So, what all talks do you undertake in meeting a childhood friend after a long time conversation? Dinner plan, movie night, or drinking all night? Let us know in the comments below! And before signing out, do watch listen and watch this song by Sofi Tukker.
Thank you so much!
Amazing! Its really remarkable post, I have got much clear
idea regarding from this article.
Thank you so much!
Appreciating the dedication you put into your website and
in depth information you offer. It’s great to come across a blog every once in a while
that isn’t the same old rehashed information. Great read!
I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m including your RSS feeds to my Google account.
Thank you so much!
Hi mates, how is everything, and what you want to say on the topic of this piece
of writing, in my view its in fact awesome in favor of me.
This design is spectacular! You obviously know how to keep
a reader entertained. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved
to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Excellent job.
I really loved what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.
Thank you so much!
Hello, every time i used to check website posts here
early in the dawn, because i like to learn more and more.
Enjoyed the pictures, i actually like the among this image, perfecto.
Every weekend i used to visit this web page, as i wish for enjoyment, since this
this site conations in fact nice funny data too.
It’s an awesome post for all the online visitors; they will take advantage from
it I am sure.
After looking over a handful of the blog articles on your
site, I truly like your way of blogging. I book marked
it to my bookmark webpage list and will be checking back
in the near future. Please check out my website
too and tell me what you think. https://vanzari-parbrize.ro/parbrize/parbrize-mercedes.html
Great web site. A lot of useful info here. I am sending it to several pals ans also sharing in delicious.
And of course, thank you on your effort!
Saved as a favorite, I really like your blog!
Aw, this was an extremely good post. Taking a few minutes and actual effort to
create a top notch article… but what can I say… I put things off a lot and never manage
to get nearly anything done.
I have been browsing on-line more than three hours nowadays, yet
I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty
price sufficient for me. In my opinion, if all web
owners and bloggers made just right content material as
you did, the net will likely be a lot more useful
than ever before.
Hi to all, the contents existing at this website are in fact amazing for people knowledge, well, keep up the good work fellows.
Fine way of explaining, and good post to obtain data on the topic
of my presentation subject, which i am going to present in school.
Pingback: Ways on How to Become Your Partner's Best Friend? - Its Only Words
Please let me know if you’re looking for a article author for
your site. You have some really good articles and
I think I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load
off, I’d really like to write some content for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine.
Please shoot me an e-mail if interested. Many thanks!
You could definitely see your enthusiasm in the work you write.
The sector hopes for more passionate writers such as you who aren’t afraid to say how they believe.
Always go after your heart.
Thank you so much 🙂
It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy.
I’ve read this post and if I could I want to suggest you few interesting things or suggestions.
Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article.
I desire to read even more things about it!
Sure, would love to read about your suggestions.
Pingback: 90s Friendship Day Celebration Ideas | Its Only Words
Pingback: Now and Then: My Childhood Memories of Diwali - Its Only Words