Meeting a childhood friend after a long time is the best thing in the world. These relations are so raw because they have seen and embraced our positive as well as negative qualities. They accept us for who we are, thus making childhood memorable! Moreover, research states that childhood friendship can impact the future.
But did you know meeting a childhood friend after a long time conversation can get really interested? Want to know why? Then read on.
How meeting a childhood friend after a long time conversation goes?
1. You start commenting on each other’s appearances
This is the generic term that every childhood friend comments when they meet after a long time. And the reasons or rather excuses start pouring in.
- “Oh my God! You have gained so much weight.”
- “How come you managed losing so much weight?”
- “Oh, you look so old now!”
- “Your belling has grown enormously. Is it the beer?”
Which is then followed by gym stories, diet tips, success stories, exercise mantras, and so on. It doesn’t end!
2. You start blaming each other for not staying in touch
The blame-game never ends and so the excuses.
- “I tried calling you so many times, but this mobile network sucks, man!”
- “Why it always has to be me to call first. Sometimes, you try calling first.”
- “I always call but you never answer.”
- “I was so engrossed in work that I couldn’t call back.”
And this list goes on. Do you relate to this situation ever when meeting a childhood friend after a long time?
3. You cherish embarrassing moments
This is the favorite past time of friends across the globe. But do you know expressing embarrassing moments can make people like you? It also strengthens relationships. Besides, they are a great way to enjoy a bout of laughter with friends.
- “Your snoring is still that loud?”
- “I still remember how you peed in your pants.”
- “She slapped you so hard, I just can’t get over.”
- “Remember, when you were drunk for the first time and what nonsense you were blabbering!”
4. You start gossiping and bitching about people who you hated the most
There are certain people we hate the most. And friends are the only ones with whom we can pour our hearts out. So, isn’t it obvious you tend to gossip and bitch about people after meeting a childhood friend after a long time? I hope everyone can relate to this.
- “Remember, how that girl ditched you in college. I always wished that she never gets a boyfriend.”
- “Did you know that our classmate XXXX eloped with that janitor guy.”
- “You know I professor wore a wig. I always prayed that he should trip and the wig should fall out.”
- “That boy who beat us up was rusticated from the school later.”
I know you might think these statements are so cruel. But believe me, we all go through this phase!
5. Discussion on some unsettled fights
No friendship is smooth. Some ignore it while some cannot handle the stress, leading to a breakup. But if you are true friends then nothing can come in the way of love. That’s why meeting a childhood friend after a long time is a great way to settle scores. Discuss and sort out differences. With this, there is no room left for grudges, accusations, misjudgments; but only true friendship.
- “Why were you so mean to me in school?”
- “Why you never offered me support while I was bullied in high school?”
- “I lend you some cash but you never returned.”
- “How could you fall in love with my girlfriend?”
6. You share hidden secrets
Now that you are grown up and mature, childhood friends finally share their unsaid secrets. It’s because they know they won’t be misunderstood or misjudged. Then it could be a fling, one-night stand, proposal, or secret outings! But your unraveling secrets make the bond even stronger than before!
- “Sorry, but I had taken your girlfriend out for a dinner without informing you.”
- “I still stalk that hot teacher of ours!”
- “I stole some cash from your pocket for a pint of beer.”
- “Your bestie and me; made love in your car.”
7. You make fun of each other in the presence of a third person
Yes, friends do this especially if there is a third entity present. Despite that, they also back each other by narrating heart-wrenching incidents that how they supported each other.
- “You know a bird had pooped in your Tiffin. And I never told you that!”
- “I beat you up because you teased me on my appearance.”
- “I know you will pee in your pants when laughing uncontrollably.”
- “You always fart after having a beer.”
8. You still remember each other’s choices
Despite meeting a childhood friend after a long time, you can never forget their likes and dislikes. Then be it food, accessories, or fashion.
- “I ordered pasta for myself. But a burger for you because I know you don’t like it.”
- “I bought a dress with florals because I know you love this design.”
- “Do you still wear that color? I always hated it!”
- “Do you still love that girl from first grade?”
9. You talk about how life was simple back then
Once caught in work and family, it gets impossible to catch up with friends. So, when meeting a childhood friend after a long time every person recalls those simple joys.
- “It was so easy to bunk classes back then.”
- “We had so much time for each other.”
- “It was so fun to woo girls on the campus.”
- “It was easy to survive on that minimal pocket money.”
10. And you make plans to meet again
And in the finale, you plan to meet again. Despite knowing that it will never materialize ever!
- “Let’s celebrate Christmas together next year.”
- “Next time, we will meet at the old, favorite café of ours.”
- “I might be coming to the US next year. We should catch up.”
- “Let’s discuss some business plans next time.”
On a parting note
Meeting a childhood friend after a long time is nostalgic as well as a joyride. So, what all talks do you undertake in meeting a childhood friend after a long time conversation? Dinner plan, movie night, or drinking all night? Let us know in the comments below! And before signing out, do watch listen and watch this song by Sofi Tukker.